Abhilash Travels an unique site for Travel Information.

Tuesday 9 February 2010

Unpaid their salaries for last 17 yrs

In what could be termed as an unimaginable shocker from Bihar. A few state government employees claim they haven't been paid their salaries for last 17 yrs.

One such state government employee is Satya Narayan Mahto who hasn’t been paid salalary for 17 years.

"I stopped getting my salary 15-16 years back. To add to that my kidney has got damaged. I have no money for medical treatment," says Mahto.

The poor economic condition has forced his wife to work as a domestic help.

But Mahto is not alone. About twelve thousand government employees and their families in Bihar are going through the same ordeal. Already three thousand of them have died due to poverty and starvation.

"I am suffering from TB. My eyesight is now affected as I couldn't afford treatment for my eyes," says Amrendra Kishore, another employee.

During the elections, both the Janata Dal (United) and the BJP promised to address their concerns. But, once voted to office, they failed to act.

"There are lots of complications. The Congress party, which was in power, failed to keep proper records. We don't know how many employees are affected," says Sushil Kumar Modi, Deputy Chief Minister.

The employees have been on a dharna for 6 months hoping to draw the attention of Modi and Nitish Kumar...the same leaders who once sat with them in protest during 15 years of RJD rule.link

No comments:

Post a Comment

All copyright reserved to 4maithil.